Key performance indicator (KPI) is a set of quantifiable measures that a company or industry uses to gauge or compare performance concerning meeting their strategic and operational goals. KPI helps you understand your business much better and be able to identify areas that need improvement easily.
Listed below are things that can improve performance.
- Post Shift Meetings - End of day meetings are essential in understanding what impacted the performance. For the day and to prevent similar issues from happening. By always working together to find a solution to a problem, helps the team move to just completing a task into acting as a group working together to achieve a common goal.
- Study Behaviors - As much as numbers are needed, the ones who make the numbers also need to get a guide on how to achieve the goal. Every member of the team must understand what they need to get there and how to get there.
- Building Value - A good indicator of a goal getting achieved by your people is the ability to create or follow a working system. Putting a value in the tasks makes it easier to identify the flaw in the process and work on enhancing/improving the current activity for it to become more efficient.
- Every dealership employee is an owner - Treating the business as your own helps you understand and see what is needed to improve the quality of service getting provided.
- Be a customer - Seeing things from a customer perspective sometimes help things to get better. Like having a fresh set of eyes looking at the system in place.
- Use Checklist - Using a checklist to know what are the set of questions to be asked and any recommendation needed to ensure that the dealership is always ready.