The Need for Individual User Logins
Each person who needs to access the Command Center or the Specialist App should have and use their own individual user login. Use of individual logins helps ensure the security of your account, factors into report and metric data, and allows Quickride to provide quick and targeted customer support.
Admin users can create, view, edit, and disable user accounts in the Command Center.
How to View Users
To view users, click on Settings and then Users.
How to Add a User
There are two ways to add/ create users:
- Creating individual users for team members
- Inviting team members to create their own users*
*Sends an email with an invitation to create the user and therefore is best suited for team members who have individual work emails.
Creating Individual Users
Click New User, complete the form, and then click Create.
- User Photo - Optional, but recommended for Specialist App users as their photos are visible to customers in the Customer App.
- User Type - Admin users have access to features on the Command Center Settings tab that control account settings, data, and users. Therefore, it is recommended to limit the number of admin users per station to a few persons, usually the management team. Users are all other persons who need to access either the Command Center or the Specialist App.
- User Enabled - Enabled activates the login. Disabled deactivates the login. Disabled is the default and should be updated to Enabled when adding a new user.
- Username - What the person uses to login to the Command Center or Specialist App.
- Display Name - Name that shows in the Command Center, Specialist App, and Customer App in different places. It's recommended to put the person's first name, first name and last initial, or first and last names.
- Email Address - Each Command Center user should have a unique email address, preferably a company email. If Specialist App users don't have a company email address, they can share a generic email address provided it's not an email on a Command Center user record.
- Phone Number - The business phone number where the person can be called by customers. It can be a main line or direct lines.
- Password / Confirm Password - The password the person uses to login to the Command Center or Specialist App. The password must be at least 6 characters long and can be any combination of letters, numbers, or special characters.
Inviting Other Users
Click Invite, review/ edit the email body and subject line, add team members’ email addresses in the Invitees field, then click Send invite.
Steps in the invite flow:
- Admin user reviews the email subject and body and makes any edits as necessary.
- Admin user enters the team members’ email addresses and clicks Send Invite.
- Each team member receives an email with a button to create their own user.
- Team members click on the link and get a form where they fill out their user name, display name, email, phone number, password, and photo (optional).
- Team members submit the form and receive a confirmation email with their station ID, the user name they entered, and a button to log into their Command Center.
How to Sort and Filter the User List
Sorting the User List
By default, the user list is sorted by the users’ display names in alphabetical order. To change this, click the Sort by dropdown and click By name Z-A to sort the list in reverse alphabetical order.
Filtering the User List
By default, the user list displays all users that have been created. To change this, click the Filter by dropdown and click one or more of the following options - Admin, User, Enabled, and/or Disabled. To clear the filters click on individual selected filters or click Show All.
How to Search for, Edit, and Disable a User
Searching for a User
To search for a user, type a name, email, or phone number in the search bar. To clear the search results, click the X.
Editing a User
To edit a user, click the pencil icon to the right of the user's name. Make any edits in the Edit user form, then click Save for the change to take effect.
- To change/ reset a password, type the new password in the Password and Confirm Password fields, then click Save for the change to take effect.
Disabling a User
To disable a user, in the User Enabled field, toggle the slider from Enabled to Disabled, then click Save for the change to take effect.