How SMS/ Text Messages Work
The Jobs Platform has built-in SMS or text messages that are automatically triggered as jobs are created in the Command Center and the status of the jobs are marked in the Specialist App. These messages give your customers access to their web-based Customer App and inform them of their jobs' progress.
Admin users can view and edit SMS Templates in the Command Center and should verify that these SMS templates have the desired wording and information before using Quickride for the first time.
How to View SMS Templates
Click Settings and then SMS Templates.
SMS Templates and Messages Flow
For most jobs, a customer receives three text messages in this order:
- New Job Created: Sent when a scheduler creates a job in the Command Center. Includes a link to the web-based Customer App.
- Employee Starts Route To Job Location: Sent when the specialist marks the job status en route in the Specialist App, either by pressing Go or by manually marking it. Includes a link to the web-based Customer App.
- Marked Complete By Employee: Sent when the specialist marks the job status complete in the Specialist App. Includes a link to the web-based Customer App.
If a job is cancelled, a customer receives:
- Canceled: Sent when a scheduler cancels the job in the Command Center. Includes a link to the web-based Customer App.
Alternate text messages:
- Auto Response - Job Scheduled or InProgress: Sent when a customer replies to a text/ SMS message when their job is scheduled or in progress.
- Auto Response - Job Completed or Cancelled: Sent when a customer replies to a text/ SMS message when their job is completed or cancelled.
How to View & Edit SMS Templates
To view an SMS template's text, locate the SMS template, then click the View/Edit.
To edit an SMS template, read the text, type any changes, then click Save for the change to take effect.
To remove the edits to an SMS template, click Revert to Original, and then click Ok in the pop up to confirm.
Variables pull pieces of information specific to the station or each job from other parts of the platform into your text messages. The available variables are:
- Station Name: Pulls in Station Name from Station Settings
- Appointment Setter Name: Pulls in the Display Name of the user who created the job
- Specialist Name: Pulls in the Display Name of the user who is assigned to the job
- Job Start Date: Pulls in Job Date for the job
- Job Start Time: Pulls in Start Time for the job
- Job End Time: Pulls in End Time for the job
- Passenger App Link: Gives a specific link to the Customer App for the job
How Customers Can Opt Out From Texts/ SMS Messages
A customer can opt-out from receiving texts/ SMS messages about their job by replying to a message with Stop. Once they opt out they will no longer receive any texts /SMS messages about the existing or future jobs.