How to Create a Job
Before creating a job, note:
- Once a job is created, it cannot be deleted. However, it can be edited, including cancelled.
- Jobs can only be scheduled for a future time and/or date.
There are two ways to create / schedule a job for a customer:
- By clicking on the Calendar – Fills in the date and time you selected on the Job form.
- By clicking on Create Job – Fills in today’s date and the current time on the Job form.
How to Complete the Create Job Form
The Job Form appears with these fields:
- Customer Name: Name that will be visible to the specialist in the Specialist App and the customer in the Customer App. It's recommended to check spelling and punctuation.
- Customer Phone #: Customer phone number that will be visible to the specialist in the Specialist App. It's recommended to enter a mobile phone number so the customer can get job status updates via text messages and the Customer App.
- Job Details: Free form section for the information that the specialist will need to complete the job.
- Job Date: Date that the job will take place.
- Start Time: Time that the job will start. Follow your company’s procedures for scheduling appointment lengths, times, etc.
- End Time: Time that the job will end. Follow your company’s procedures for scheduling appointment lengths, times, etc.
- Location: Address the job will take place at.
- Reference #: The RO number, VIN Number, customer number, or any other number the company associates with jobs.
- Under Warranty: Check if the vehicle is under warranty or leave unchecked if the vehicle is not under warranty.
- Assign To: Specialist that is going to complete the job. Follow your company’s procedures for assigning jobs to specialists. In some cases, this may mean assigning the job to an administrator or dispatcher who will then re-assign the jobs to the correct specialist.