How Rides Are Ordered / Prioritized
The Quickride Algorithm that automatically assigns rides, orders those rides for the driver within the Driver App. The order is displayed on the Ride List screen of the Driver App.
The order is – the customer at the top of the Ride List is the customer that should go next.
This order is not static, it can change as the driver picks up and drops off existing customers and gets assigned new rides.
How Drivers Follow Ride List Order
- Look to see who is the first customer/ ride at the top of the Ride List.
- Take the appropriate action to pick up the customer.
- Check the Ride List to see which customer is now at the top (Note: When exiting the Navigation screen the Driver App will automatically go back to the Ride List).
- Take the appropriate action to pick up or drop off the customer at the top of the Ride List.
- Repeat, always taking action on the customer that is at the top of the Ride List, whether that action is to pick up or drop off that customer.
Consequences of Not Following Ride List Order
If drivers do not follow the Ride List order, i.e. they take action on a customer/ride that is not at the top of the Ride List, a warning message says that ETAs will be negatively affected. Specifically, the customer who was at the top of the list and potentially other customers may see their ETAs increase. For this reason, it is recommended that drivers follow the Ride List order most, if not all, of the time.