Notes on Using Manual Ride Assignment
- Quickride’s algorithm assigns/ dispatches/ distributes the rides to drivers in a way that minimizes each customer’s shuttle wait and ride time, resulting in the overall most efficient ride distribution. Therefore, it’s strongly recommended that the station allow rides to be automatically assigned the majority of the time.
- Ride pre-assignment and reassignment should be used sparingly for special situations such as a driver having vehicle trouble that temporarily takes their shuttle out of service, a customer requesting a specific driver, etc.
- Pre-assigning and reassigning rides usually causes customers to have longer ETAs than they would otherwise have.
- When rides are reassigned, customers are likely to see an increase to their ETAs in their Passenger App.
Pre-assigning vs. Reassigning Rides
With a pre-assigned ride, an administrator or dispatcher selects the driver to assign the ride to when creating the ride in the Command Center. For a Now ride, that ride is sent to the driver in their Driver App immediately. For a Future ride, that ride is sent to the driver in their Driver App at the time and date specified when creating the ride.
With a reassigned ride, an administrator or dispatcher selects a different driver to assign the ride to after it has already been created and assigned in the Command Center. That ride is immediately removed from the original driver’s Ride List screen in their Driver App and appears to the new driver on the Ride List screen in their Driver App. Both drivers receive a push notification for the reassignment.
How to Preassign Rides
- In the Command Center, click Create Ride
- Click Shuttle
- From the drop down, select a shuttle. Note: All shuttles show in the drop down. The active shuttles, the shuttles that drivers are logged into from their Driver App, show the drivers' names below the shuttle numbers.
- Complete the rest of the ride form
- Click Create
How to Reassign Rides
- In the Command Center, on the Ride List, click on the customer’s name.
- On the ride flyout, click on Driver.
- From the drop down, select a different driver. Note: Only active drivers, drivers currently logged into their Driver App, appear.
- In the pop up, select Ok to confirm the ride reassignment.