How to Create a Ride
Before creating a ride, note:
- Once a ride is created only 3 fields - notes, reference number*, and under warranty* - can be edited. All other fields cannot be edited.
- If non-editable ride information (e.g. pick-up address, drop-off address, ride time, etc.) changes after a ride is created, the existing ride will need to be cancelled and a new ride with the correct information will need to be created.
How to Create / Schedule a Ride for a Customer:
- In the Command Center, click Create Ride
The Create a Ride Form appears with three 3 ride types (when).
What Ride Types (When) Mean and How They Work
- When to Use - When the customer needs a ride immediately.
- How It Works - The ride information is sent to a driver in their Driver App immediately after the ride form is submitted in the Command Center.
- When to Use - When the customer needs a ride for a future time and/or date.
- How It Works - The ride information is sent to a driver in their Driver App at the time and date specified in the submitted ride form in the Command Center.
- How to Use Correctly - Add a buffer time of 10-30 minutes before the requested ride time in the Dispatch Time field. This will give the driver time to see the ride in their Driver App and drive to customer's location by the requested ride time. Example: Customer requests a ride for 4:30pm. Dispatch time is entered as 4:15pm.
Set By Passenger
- When to Use - When the customer wants to create their own ride in the Passenger App.
- How It Works - The link to the Passenger App is sent to the customer in a text message when the ride form is submitted in the Command Center.
How to Complete the Create a Ride Form
- Passenger Name: Name that will be visible to the driver in the Driver App and the customer in the Passenger App. It's recommended to check spelling and punctuation.
- Passenger Phone #: Customer phone number that will be visible to the driver in the Driver App. It's recommended to enter a mobile phone number so the customer can get ride status updates via text messages and the Passenger App. It must be a mobile phone number for the Set by Passenger ride type.
- Ride Date (Future Rides Only): Date the customer needs the ride.
- Dispatch Time (Future Rides Only): Time the customer needs the ride with a 10 to 30 minute buffer time before it (e.g. customer wants the ride at 4:30pm, dispatch time is entered as 4:15pm).
- Passenger Count: Number of people riding (e.g. 1 if the customer is riding by her/himself, or 2+ if s/he is riding with other people.)
- Pickup: Address the customer needs to be picked up from.
- Dropoff: Address the customer needs to be dropped off at.
- Notes: For additional information not captured in other fields that will be help the driver complete the ride, e.g. location instructions, customer requests and needs, requested picked up time (for Future rides), etc.
- Reference #*: The RO number.
- Under Warranty*: Check if the vehicle is under warranty or leave unchecked if the vehicle is not under warranty.
*Note: The reference # and under warranty fields may not appear on the station's ride form. If those fields are on the station's ride form, it is important to fill them out for every ride as this helps the dealership track and file for shuttle ride reimbursements from the car manufacturer.