What the Passenger App Is
The Passenger App of the Quickride Shuttles platform is a web-based application where customers can view the real-time status of their shuttle rides, create their own shuttle rides, and rate their shuttle rides.
How Customers Access the Passenger App
Customers get access to the Passenger App via a link in an initial text/ SMS message that is automatically sent when their ride is created in the Command Center. They receive the link again in additional texts/ SMS messages that are sent when the shuttle starts driving to pick them up and when the shuttle arrives at their pickup location. Customers click on the link and the Passenger App opens on whatever default internet browser they have installed on their smartphone. They do not need to download anything to access the app.
How to Read the Passenger App
On the Ride Status screen, customers see:
- Station icon: The company’s name or logo marks the station’s main address on the map.
- Customer location: The purple dot indicates where the customer currently is.
- Shuttle icon: A color-coded shuttle icon appears on the map when the shuttle/driver starts driving to the customer’s pickup location.
- Center button: Puts the customer and shuttle in view.
- Triangle button: Follows the shuttle as it is driving.
- Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA): A time or status message shows when the driver is estimated to arrive at the customer’s pickup location
- Driver photo: The photo that is on the driver’s user record shows here. If there is no photo on the user record, a smiling face emoji shows as the placeholder.
- Driver name: The driver’s name.
- Cancel ride button: Option to cancel the ride if the customer no longer needs it.
- Contact button: Option to call the service advisor or shuttle driver.